Turmeric (curcuma longa), a member of the ginger family, is responsible for the yellow color of curry and has an impact on the flavor, color, and nature of the meal it is mixed with. It’s a spice that’s gotten a lot of publicity because of its health advantages, particularly its anti-inflammatory qualities. Turmeric is the root of a flowering plant that is widely grown in the tropics. One tablespoon of blended turmeric powder provides about 29 kcal/123 KJ energies. 9 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 3 grams of fat, 196 milligrams of potassium, and 7 milligrams of iron.
The five top health benefits of turmeric are:
- Contains bioactive substances which have defensive qualities
- May help relieve arthritis
- It has the potential to help with cognitive function
- It has the potential to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- May boost the immune system